I’ve got a fun little dating book to give away here to the readers of the Dating Weblog. It’s called Get Your Dating Game On and has great tips on how to present your best self while searching for the mate of your dreams.
Jennifer Worick, author of Get Your Dating Game On, has a wonderful description on her website:
Unless your perfect match is The Mailman or the plumber, Mr. Right won’t be appearing at your door anytime soon. So get out there-outside, out of bounds, outta sight. Just get out of the house! Get Your Dating Game On gives you all the information you need to brave the “single and ready to mingle” scene.
In the book she has a flirting “crib sheet,” tips for screening voicemail responses, conversation tools, and more.
I have a copy of this great book to give away. If you’d like to win, leave a comment on this post with the best opening line you’ve ever heard. It could be one you’ve used personally, one that someone else has used on you, or even something you’ve heard on TV or in the movies.
Leave your comment by Thursday, July 10th. I’ll select the best line and announce the winner the following day. (Sorry, I can only send the book to those in the U.S. or Canada.)
- Blind Dating Gets Back in the Game
- Singles Hire Coaches to Improve Their Dating Game
- Does Evolution Explain the Dating Game?
- Win a Copy of He’s Just Not That Into You
- Plenty of Fish, Match.com Hiss and Spit at Each Other Over Stats
- Internet Dating is Not Like Ordering a Pizza
- Republik Games to Develop Online Dating Game
- Practice Dating
- Throwaway Numbers for the Dating Game
- Last Day to Win Get Your Dating Game On
- Dating through the years
- Thomas Gibson
1. July 2008 – 11:34 amI would look good on you.
- Kathy Mullins
1. July 2008 – 12:16 pmI would like to make love to you tonight baby, being told to me after only knowing the guy for five minutes. Gimme a break! LOL. Some of the pickup lines are so odd.
- donna pavcik
1. July 2008 – 12:47 pmi’m in
- Mya Brooks
1. July 2008 – 1:53 pmNo guy has ever tried a line on me. Honest. I don’t think I’d ever date a guy that did…LOL Humor and respect in most important.
- susan varney
1. July 2008 – 6:20 pmyou need to be mine
1. July 2008 – 6:55 pmHonestly I don’t think I’ve ever heard a good opening line.
- christopher ha
1. July 2008 – 9:12 pmvery well, we’ll go out then
2. July 2008 – 12:02 am“Excuse me but you are in the Men’s Locker Room, but would you like to have lunch sometime with me?”
- Mike Weisberg
2. July 2008 – 4:17 pmi want to win
2. July 2008 – 5:11 pmI was working at Wal-Mart as a cashier, and this guy came in my line. He said “If I had a barcode tattooed on me, you could keep inventory of me because you know i’d be yours forever.” After that, I just had to laugh. We ended up going out for 2 months!!!
- Jennifer Worick
2. July 2008 – 9:27 pmThanks for the shout out on Get Your Dating Game On! I hope it’s as helpful to read as it was fun to write.
- Maggie Yu
3. July 2008 – 8:57 amBoy: Hey! I haven’t seen you for a long time!
Girl: Do I know you?
Boy: Hmmm, you look familiar.
Girl: *Thinks* No.
Boy: That is a shame, I’d sure like to. I am (name). *Big grin*
- Sharon Jones
3. July 2008 – 5:12 pmIs that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me (Mae West!)…:)
- Donna Coughlin
4. July 2008 – 8:46 amThanks for the shout out on Get Your Dating Game On! I hope it’s as helpful to read as it was fun to write.
- Louise Brouillette
4. July 2008 – 9:44 amThe classic, “What’s your sign?”
4. July 2008 – 2:18 pmHello!
5. July 2008 – 8:37 pmI made a bet with my parole officer…
- Debbie Criss
6. July 2008 – 12:12 amMe and my husband own Dodge Ram trucks. Once in a while another guy will say nice truck. I then tell him my husband has one just like it only its black. That has always ended the conversation. Please enter me, thank you
- Suzanne B.
6. July 2008 – 3:12 amI will have to say my favorite pick up line is, “Hey, the bartender has a pen.. I still don’t have a number, you do the math”.Hence.. why I’m single again. *laughs*
- valerie mabrey
7. July 2008 – 4:27 pmIn order for me to have you, I have to say hello!
- Carol Drury
9. July 2008 – 2:56 pmwould be a fun book to own and share with my clients!
- Kyle Banderman
9. July 2008 – 3:31 pmMan: What’s your sign?Woman: StopThanks for the contest!
- Carissa Davis
9. July 2008 – 3:32 pmYou look like Scarlett Johansson.
- Ed Nemmers
9. July 2008 – 8:19 pmWhat’s your sign? Mine’s “Slippery When Wet”.
- K. Cleaver
9. July 2008 – 11:26 pmI seem to have lost my telephone number, may I borrow yours?
- Damien aka Tenacious ‘D’
10. July 2008 – 1:04 amThis works for young and old guys alike: Guy: You look a lot like my first wife… (Girl will respond predictably with “You were married?” or simply “excuse me?” or “what?” to which guy responds, “Oh, I’ve never been married/didn’t say I’ve been married….” A big grin helps!) This line, executed well (charm required) will get the girl, or at least a coffee/lunch/dinner date. Best line ever!
10. July 2008 – 2:49 amty 4 the nice contest!
- Samantha Pruitt
10. July 2008 – 8:48 am“My name is George. I’m unemployed and I live with my parents.”from Seinfeld of course, and it actually worked, hmmm
- Sylvia Porter
10. July 2008 – 10:26 amdude: have you ever been to heaven lady: no
dude: would you like to
- Donna Kozar
10. July 2008 – 10:39 amYour hair looks nice.
10. July 2008 – 11:48 amYou look amazing… sooo sexy! I’ve got to take a bite out of you!
- Susanne Troop
10. July 2008 – 12:40 pmI could swim in those baby blues of yours!
- Alecia Gibson
10. July 2008 – 2:02 pmDo you have a raisin? No. How about a date?
10. July 2008 – 7:01 pmThere you are! I’ve been looking all over for you.