Online dating sites have increasingly become popular and are now being seen as an avenue to expand beyond known social networks.
Last quarter, Match.com and Chemistry.com have reported a 30% rise in subscribers, revenue, and profitability. Similarly, eHarmony is growing speedily in the US and abroad, earning subscription revenue of about USD 250 million.
Demographically speaking, fifty to sixty olds are visiting online dating sites more often than the younger people. Growth of smatphones too is frequently engaging people to online dating sites.
Spark Networks that owns JDate and other niche online dating sites affirms that SingleSeniorsMeet.com is growing rapidly as more baby boomers head towards retirement. This is because they have more spare time to spend on online dating sites, while searching for companions.
Photo source Ed Yourdon
- Online Dating Sites and Their Subscription Prices
- Online Dating Sites Help Single Pet Lovers Bark up the Right Tree
- Online Dating Sites Quarrel Over Background Checks
- Niche Dating Sites
- Dating Right: Become the Right Person
- Top Online Dating Sites for 2011 to Help You Find that Special Someone